Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Steps of Hope Walk

On Sunday was the Steps of Hope Walk for Autism awareness. Whitney and I walked with the Osseo team (Elliot was with Ryan and Lorelei). This is my 5th year of walking. We have the largest group of walkers for the state! Denise Blanchard, a parent from Weaver formed our group 5 years ago. This past summer Denise was diagnosed with lung cancer. So this year in her honor we all wore pearl ribbons and then presented her with a dozen pearl colored roses. Pearl is the color that symbolizes lung cancer. Stacy Ness (Autism teacher at WVR) gave the speech to recognize Denise for our group.

Jack and Becky joined us in the walk this year. It was great to have there support and Whitney enjoyed having her buddy walk with her!

Stacy and Denise

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I forgot to comment the 1st time I saw this post that I LOVE seeing pictures of YOU on the blog too! You look great and happy as I always picture you.