Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wedding Anniversary

At the beginning of August Grant and I went to Mexico for 4 days for our wedding anniversary. We stayed on the Riveria Maya at the Eldarado Royale Resort. The whole trip was absolutely wonderful and just what Grant and I needed. Gavin and Elliot had the opportunity to spend 1:1 time with both of our parents during this time. They all enjoyed being able to spend time with the boys. Neither of our parents get to see them as often as they would like being in MT and ND. So this was fun for both the boys and our parents.


Grant and I by the fountain outside the lobby

Here we are at one of the restaurants. This was our favorite restaurant. There were 7 of them to chose from for dinner and they were all wonderful. This place was an oriental place and Grant loved the sushi.

Here we are lounging in a cabana by the pool

Grant playing water volleyball and I am doing water aerobics. The water aerobics was not by choice. The instructor pretty much dragged me off my cabana, I tried telling him that I was on vacation to relax not to work out. It turned out being pretty enjoyable.

The view from the patio out our room. Each patio had a hammock which I took advantage of. Every afternoon after we came back from the pool I would lay in hammock and read/nap.

Grant in the ocean. This was as far as we ever went in. We didn't go into the ocean until our last day there. We always enjoyed hanging out at the pools, but after going down to the ocean we wished we would have gone more. Oh well maybe next time.

This little guy (he actually wasn't that little) was hanging out with us at the pool one day. He was laying right by our cabana. We saw lots of igauna's, but this was the biggest one.

We had a wonderful time and want to go back. Both Grant and I highly recommend this resort. It was beautiful and had lots to offer. It was an adult only and an all inclusive resort which were some nice perks.


No comments: